WHAT'S HAPPENING OSAKA?

It's been five months since I arrived here in Japan. And, I have decided to travel a little bit.

My friend came here to Japan so I tagged along during his trip.

Anyway, This maybe the cheapest way to roam around Osaka.

Namba, Osaka is the most visited place by tourists. So, in this part you would see a lot of hotels, restaurants and bars.




The Travel

I woke up early because I will be taking a Seibu Bus from Niigata to Ikebukuro, Tokyo. The cost is 4,400 yen then from Ikebukuro, I have to ride a train going to Shinjuku, because this is where the Osaka Bus Terminal is located.


Alright, so arriving at Shinjuku Station, you have to get to the Shinjuku Express Bus Terminal. It's about 10 to 15 minutes walk going to the Bus Terminal.



The bus going to Osaka is cheap if you reserve it in advance but if not it's a little expensive but worth it. The bus ticket costs around 6,100 yen, yes... this is the cheapest.

It's an overnight bus, so our bus leaves at night 21:00 to be exact. So to waste time since we got early, I roamed around Shinjuku. Its my first time in Tokyo so I was a little scared. And if you are worried that it be troublesome to roam around with your luggage, there is a coin locker where you can put your bags in. Ask someone to help you with this, but the machine has an ENGLISH option.


The duration from Tokyo to Osaka Station is 8 hours.


Day 1

I arrived at Osaka Station in the morning, exactly 8 hours. It's Japan right! Good thing is that I have internet, so I can just check the maps and what train should I go to get to Namba. My friend's father lives in Osaka so we went there to meet him.

We arrived in Namba station after a few minutes of walking and finding the station. LOL

From there we went to the hotel that we are going to stay in. The name of the hotel is Hotel Shin-Imamiya.

This is the cheapest that my friend saw in Booking.com, but when I got the chance to check out outside the hotel, there are a lot of hotels that is way cheaper. But we couldn't risk it given that we were just in a roll.

Here is my bed. The hotel has a common shower, toilet and onsen. Of course, it is separated for males and females. Don't worry, it is clean! Thank God!


The 2 nights costs about 3,000 yen.

Here is a picture at the balcony of the hotel.



Anyway after settling our luggage, we went to his father's place. Father and son bonding.

At the night of the first day, we went to Dotonbori. This is the place with lots of food to choose from. I wanted to eat Takoyaki, Okonomiyaki, Kani and Gyoza, as this is the most popular food in Osaka, but sadly, I didn't have the time to eat them... which is sad. (why I didn't have time? I just tagged along with my friend and his father and they went to shakeys. Damn it.)

And of course, you will see the famous bridge here. There are a lot of foreigners here!


Don Quijote is a discount mall. They sell a bunch of stuff! really a lot! if you see this logo, try to check it out!


Day 2

I tried to wake up early, but it was really a lazy day. Sadly, it was raining in Osaka, so I woke up late. As soon as I freshened up. I decided to go to Osaka Temple. 

It was a long walk from the station. About 20minutes or more. You can take a cab but the fare in Osaka is much higher than in Tokyo.

Base fare in Osaka is 650 yen and Tokyo is 450 yen.

Anyway, that is just the entrance or the gate to the castle. I was wondering why it is called a castle, when I told my Japanese friends about it, they told me it's a temple. Lol


You will have to walk a bit more. Haha

This building has a lot of stores inside. You will see a Ninja Store here.

We are almost there...


Okay, so before you enter the castle, there is an entrance fee. The fee will cost you 600 yen.

At first, I was hesitant because I was thinking, what would I see there? Lol but yeah good thing I went inside.

I wasn't able to take pictures but I did took a video going in. It's kinda hard to take pictures when there are a lot of people inside.

yeah, it is crowded. Crowded places is not good for me. I feel suffocated.

After touring to this place, we went to see my friend's dad again. We ate in a local Japanese grill that serves seafood that you grill at your table.




Day 3 - The last day

The last day before we go back to our own travel. Both of us are going back to Tokyo, but he has plans and I too want to stroll around Tokyo, but on my own.

So the last day, I already fixed my bag and I woke up early because I wanted to roam around. But, sadly, my friend is having a hard time sleeping. His father arrived at the hotel to pick us up and tour us around Dotonbori.




(video will be uploaded soon)

We stumbled across the little Akihabara in Osaka. It was the best thing I saw since I came to Osaka. I know I will see more in Tokyo, but I am a huge fan of Anime and Electronics. Haha


(video will be uploaded soon)


I can see that I am the only one enjoying checking out the place, so I offered to grab a coffee for a short break, and as I thought, as soon as we sat down, my friend fell asleep. Literally, he just slept.

His father and I just had a chat about what to eat. And I remember my friend thinking of eating Filipino food, and I, too is craving for Kare-Kare. So his father contacted his friend to cook something up. And sure enough after the short walk, we went to his father's place and ate there.


So that's the last day.

We went to the NAMBA OCAT station where we will wait for the bus going back to Tokyo.

The bus going back to Tokyo is about 4,900 yen.






Here's the summary of the Travel. 


  • Bus fee - Tokyo to Osaka (6,100 Yen)
  • Train/Taxi Fare - All in all (10,000 Yen)
  • Osaka Temple Entrance Fee - ( 600 Yen)
  • Food / Extra Curricular (10,000 Yen)
  • Hotel 2 nights (3,000 Yen) 
  • Bus fee - Osaka to Tokyo (4,900 Yen)
The reason, I didn't get to travel to other places is that it was raining heavily in Osaka at the time we arrived so it was really a bad travel. 

So make sure to check the weather conditions before you go to the place you want to travel to. 


*** Here are my TIPS ***

  • Get a SUICA CARD or JR PASS
    • You can get this at Narita Airport or the Train Station anywhere. 
    • This will make your travel easier as you don't need to buy a ticket every time you ride a train. 
    • JR Pass is much cheaper for Travelers outside the country, So I recommend you get this one. This pass is for any train except for Shinkansen. 
  • Just go to the place that you really want to go. 
    • Don't list everything, because this will mess up your trip. Listing everything will make your Travel confusing and time consuming. You won't have time to relax. 
  • Remember, OSAKA is a place with a of Famous Japanese Food!
    • To make your trip worth while, just eat the Local Food in OSAKA!
  • Don't forget that the Internet really helps in your trip. 

Always have Google Maps App, this will show you how much the train rides are and what lines you need to get in and the platform number. 

See example below:


Comments