MY FIRST JOURNEY TO BOLINAO, PANGASINAN


It's gonna happen! 

I've been searching for places where I can travel and of course with a small budget. Haha Okay, So I checked the bus routes of Victory Liner, from there, I checked the places in Google if there are any resorts nearby the Victory Liner Terminals (provincial). 
(Bus schedule can be found under Helpful Links)

Look what I found: 

Hello, Patar White Beach, Bolinao, Pangasinan!
Photo Credit: ONE SHOT MNL

THE JOURNEY

-Day 1-

We left Victory Liner Bus in Cubao at 6:30am. Travel Time is 7 hours. I arrived at bolinao at around 1:00pm and I went to the wet market (walking distance from the Terminal) but I ended up buying nothing as there's no fresh meat to buy.

A friendly advise, it's much better to leave at midnight going to pangasinan so you can go to the Bolinao City Proper to buy food at their Wet Market.

So I just called a tricycle and went straight to SCL Garden Paradise Resort. Travel time from 30-45 minutes.



 What I can say about this resort is that they are ALL Friendly and very accommodating! When Ms. Beth saw me and her staff, they informed me that I can go to the nearest wet market and cheaper canteen if I'm on a budget. Take note, they have their own restaurant.

Since I'm too tired and excited to explore the beach, I ate lunch at their restaurant. It's a little pricey, but they serve what you paid for. (Sorry wasn't able to take a picture of the food but it's a LOT.) I ended up saving the rest for dinner. (350.00 pesos for a serving of Liempo and rice.)

I forgot to take a picture of their menu, but almost all of their servings, are for 2-3 persons.  

Alright, so I settled my things at my Room. I rented a Kubo Style room so I can experience the traditional style. No TV and no aircon. 
The room and it's near the beach and cottages. :) This room is only 900/night (off peak) 1,500/night (peak)
at 2:30PM, after lunch I explored the beach. I checked out the resort and relax. 

By the way, here's the FB Page of the Resort for more pictures: 
SCL Garden Paradise Resort


Beach in front of the resort

So after walking around the resort, I bought some food outside the resort. I went to the store selling BBQ. I bought 5 BBQ and 5 Isaw (Chicken intestine) for only 75.00 pesos. Then, I wanted to drink later so I went to another store to buy a brandy, coke, ice and cigarettes for only 159.00 pesos. 


The resort doesn't have any corkage fee or anything if you bring food in their resort. (Nice right?) I'm also impressed that they offered plates, glass and even free water and ice! I was like, shocked as the other resorts won't do that sort of thing. 

The afternoon is getting much better as the view is getting more prettier.
Phone Photography: One Shot MNL



I ended the night with a couple of drinks and a good view. 



-Day 2-

Now, I have to stretch my legs and enjoy the beach. I got up at 6:00am in the morning and I stroll at the beach. It's LOW TIDE and a little foggy! Haha 




I waited for the staff to be up and order my breakfast. Haha


Daing Silog for 150 with Coffee
So I set up my tour with Ate Ruth and the tricycle standing by the resort and it's 300 pesos round trip for 3 hours. Before I packed up what I need to bring during the tour, I walked around the resort again. Haha
Their Restaurant. Sorry for the blurry shot. Haha

Going to the other side of their resort

Bridge


So now, it's 8:30am and I started the Day Tour. First stop, I went to Enchanted Cave! There's an entrance fee of 100 pesos and 20 pesos parking fee of the tricycle. :) 



The guide told me that now they have rooms for guests which is nice because their place is really awesome. Here are some photos I took:


It's a mountain of corals! I promise you it's beautiful!

Bridge going to the rooms where you can stay. :)

This is their kiddie pool and adults can swim here as well.

Going to the cave. It's quite hot in there!

What I read from the other blogs, the water is cold, but when I got there it's not! As per the guide, the water will be cold after 12 in the afternoon.

Awesome things you see in the cave.
2nd stop, The Rock View. 

There's an entrance fee of 70 pesos and the view is really relaxing but dangerous! 
I went to the tip of that rock. It's scary for me! Haha





3rd stop, I went to the Bolinao's Light House.



Last Stop, Patar White Beach

in Patar white beach, the sand is fine. It's like the boracay of Pangasinan but much cleaner. When I got there, there were a few tourists and locals in the area. There were a few shops for souvenirs and there are no resorts nearby but cottages and rooms only.



Total Travel time: 2 hrs only since I didn't swim in the cave or at the beach, I just wanted to visit the places and we will re-visit this again! 

I went back at the resort and arrived at 10:30am, I packed up my things and planned to leave at 12pm so I can go to the bolinao city proper and check out for any pasalubong haha. 


I went for a 2nd swim at the resort before going home hehe


Had a mini photo shoot haha

This is one of the fulfilling weekends I've ever had. The staff and owner of the resort are nice, the views of the places we visited are such a beauty, the sand feels good on my feet, the water is cold! Haha but CLEAR! 



The only negative thing I'll say is that some part of the beach has broken corals, probably because of the typhoon that hit them last month, and there's a lot of seaweeds around but the staff are doing their very best to take care of it. But all in all, the stay I had with them is awesoooooommmeee!


Ms. Beth of SCL Garden Paradise Resort.

So I said my goodbyes and left the resort at 11:45am. I arrived shortly at the Bolinao City Proper and ate at Adora's Canteen. 

Adora's Canteen - Bulalo, 2 Rice and Grilled Chicken for 250 pesos with Soda


After lunch, I walked around and bought a few things: 
Binungay - Bolinao's Suman with Latik. 3 for 100pesos


The terminal is just a walk away, so I checked five star since the cubao bus at victory liner, hasn't arrived yet. Same charge going to cubao which 459.00 pesos. 

Travel time going to Cubao is 6 hours. It should be faster but there's a traffic at SCTEX. 


HOW TO GET THERE

(Going here is EASY but a very very long ride.)

  1. Ride a Victory Liner Bus at Cubao going to BOLINAO (5AM start) - 6 hours Travel Time
  2. Ride a Tricycle from Victory Liner Bus Terminal in Bolinao to the Resort. - 1 hour 
  3. The resort offers Tricycle rides to travel at the tourist spots in the area. 
  4. Same as going back to Manila. Tricycle from resort to Terminal. (If there's no available bus yet at Victory Liner, the Five Start Terminal is just right beside it.)

PRICE LIST / EXPENSES



So Here's my budget: 2,500 to 3,000 PHP

Expenses Charge Each
Bus to Bolinao 918 459
Merienda at Tarlac (Bus Stop) 163 81.5
Tricycle going to Resort 150 75
K3 - Kubo with CR/Fan 900 450
Lunch at Resort 350 175
Barbeque (5) Isaw (5) 75 37.5
Sisig Liempo 300 150
Drinks, Cigar and Ice 159 79.5
Coffee for 1 25 25
Breakfast with Coffee 300 150
Day Tour - 3 Hours - Tricycle 300 150
Entrance to Enchanted Cave 220 110
Entrance to Rock View 140 70
Tricycle going to Adora's Canteen 150 75
Adora's Canteen (Bolinao City Proper) 250 125
Bus to Cubao/Pasay 918 459
Extras
Batikbatik (Bolinao's Suman with Latik) 6 PCS 200 100
(Bagoong) 4 bottles 80 40
Total 5598 2811.5



I went a little over the budget, as I was not able to make it on time at the Wet Market of Bolinao. I went there but there's no fish or anything seafood I'd like to buy. So I took our chances at the resort. 

To maintain your budget, bring your own food to cook at the resort.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks for the offer :) But my ultimate goal is to Travel alone and meet new peers along the way. haha :)

      Delete
  3. Do you have the contact number for this resort? thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. is is ok to bring freshfoods in this resort and cook it there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you seen resorts beside Patar Beach having pools such as kiddie pools or infinity pools? What are the daily rates for standard or econo rooms?

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you, very informative..:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice blog. Thanks for sharing your first journey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice! Vey informative ung blog mo pero the budget that you have listed good for 2 pax diba?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment