TOKYO, THE MOST CROWDED PLACE IN JAPAN

Tokyo is a very famous place for foreigners. But for Japanese, Tokyo is more like where the offices are and the Fashion.

Photo Captured by Jasper Lawan


I have always wanted to roam around Tokyo since I got to Japan and this will be my first time checking the place out.

As I have said on my previous blog, I am not good with crowded places. That's why I was trying my best to get the footage of everything that I have been doing.


Day 1 - The First Time

It's been stressful because every time I go ride the train, I have to buy a ticket and there are a lot of options! It is very confusing!

At that time, I didn't know how to get a SUICA card. So, yeah. It was a hassle!



I arranged a meet up with my Japanese Friend at Shinjuku Station. So, we met and she brought me to an amazing Udon place!

She was with her brother and we just walked around and check out the other places in Shinjuku. After eating the delicious Udon and Ramen, her brother had to leave so now, we are alone and I thought about stopping by a coffee shop so we can catch up.



She is learning Tagalog and English and I am learning Japanese. It was a very interesting chat. Haha! It was mixed with Tagalog, English and Japanese. I think the other people who are trying to listen to our conversation got confused as well. LOL


Anyway, so she asked me if I wanted to go to Shibuya, of course the answer is always a YES!

When we got the train station, she asked me if I have a SUICA card, so right there! That was my chance on getting the card! So she taught me how to get it, and it was really easy! It's just beside the ticketing machines!


I was so happy that my train adventure is now easy haha

We arrived at Harajuku Station, and I was so excited! But she wanted us to walk around Shibuya first and then go to the famous street in Harajuku.

We went to several malls, it was like an expensive mall. All stores are like high class brands and it was like in GINZA. Lol.

We just checked out a few items and it's not cheap!

So after realizing how expensive the things are, we decided to walk to Takeshita Street in Harajuku.


Damn, it was so crowded!

There are a lot of foreigners and teenagers! Photographers are everywhere! Like everything is a photo shoot!



After roaming like a kid in Harajuku, we ended the day and I went back to my hotel.


Day 2 - The Anime and Temple

I am really excited to go here. Akihabara is a place with lots of gadgets and anime. Of course, you will see a lot of Maid Cafe's here. I didn't get the chance to try one because I have a tight budget. LOL


I roamed around and checked out the game centers, anime stores and electronics. There are a lot!
I stop by a Ramen Shop, it's like a speed eating kind of restaurant. Everyone is like fast forward.

There is this one Coffee Shop that allow smokers... like me. The name is Smoker's Cafe. HAHA Literally, for smokers. hahaha I went to this cafe like two times this day. haha


After, the wild trip to Akihabara, I decided to rest a little bit at the hotel. I went to Asakusa and check out what they offer. There are a lot of hotels and bars in Asakusa. But the one that caught my attention is the Shrine.

It was really big and there are a lot of people! As you know, I am not a fan of crowded places, so I just took a video outside for a little bit and then I went to check out the rest. It was really beautiful!




This is my last day, so I went to Yotsugi station and looked for an Izakaya.

I stumbled across this small Izakaya and I don't know if they are open but the lights are on so I went in. There is only one customer and the owner. They are really friendly!

I get to practice my Japanese Skills with them and they were happy that I am studying their language.

I drank beer along with some Japanese Soju. It was delicious.




Day 3 - Going back to Niigata

As always, I woke up early. I packed my stuff and get to my usual routine which is drinking coffee and a smoke.

My bus ride is still in the afternoon but I was like, I want to check out Ikebukuro. (That's where my bus station is)

For last time, I roamed around with my luggage with me. Haha it was hard. I couldn't find a coin locker so, what the hell.

Ikebukuro has a lot of malls, same with Shinjuku and Shibuya. But here, this is more like for middle class. I could see discount malls around and small shops.

It's sad that I couldn't get it, because of my luggage but It was nice just walking around checking out the place for the first time.

I looked at the time and in 2 hours I will be riding the bus going back to Niigata. So, I went to an Italian Coffee place, near the bus station and stayed there for awhile.





Comments