NOT A TRAVELBLOG: LEARNING JAPANESE IS NOT EASY

Okay. I already know a few Japanese words before I've decided to study Japanese.

Last year, I've been searching for Japanese words that is used often.

Like,

Ohayou Gozaimasu - Good Morning
Konnichiwa - Hello/Good Afternoon
Jan-ne - See you
Hajimemashite - Nice to meet you

and so on...

This year, I've decided to take the opportunity to live and work in Japan. My parents thought I was kidding but, hell no!

I want to experience the culture and I really want to learn the language. Because, if I learn the language, it will open a lot of opportunities for me... I think.




How do I study Japanese?

I don't go to a Japanese Language School.

Why?

Because studying in Japan is very expensive. And it is also expensive in the Philippines. So, I chose to study by myself and just put myself in a situation where no one can speak my native language and force myself to speak Japanese. (Learning it the hard way)

At first, I didn't really thought of that. I was just thinking of applying as an English Teacher and just learn the language if it's needed. But, then I realized, that would be so selfish and I will not grow if I think that way.

My mom, uncle and Auntie actually pushed me to live in a Rural area. So, basically I am living in a city where there's a small chance to encounter someone who can speak English or Tagalog.

So, yeah.

I agreed because I think that would suit best for me if I really want to learn the language.


>>> I study by myself with the help of the internet and everyone in my workplace. I want to thank the Youtubers who spent a lot of time making Tutorials for those who wants to learn Japanese. Because of them, Now, I can at least have a conversation with my colleagues and family.




Where did I start?

Learn Hiragana.

This is the common alphabet that's being used. If you know Hiragana, it's enough for you to send messages to your colleagues.


Besides Hiragana, you should learn Katakana too. Katakana is being used as a name/subject, for an example the menu. It's in Katakana.



Kanji... I haven't started studying this. This is the hardest among their alphabets. Kanji is hiragana words that are being shorten. Something like that. And I can't understand it. Haha




So what worked for me is learn Hiragana and Katakana then move to the Japanese Grammar.
I'm still working on it. I haven't perfected this. It's hard to create sentences in Japanese as this is literally different on how we create sentences with English and Tagalog.




Tips for those who want to learn Japanese:


  1. Start with learning the culture. 
  2. Learn Hiragana and Katakana.
  3. Get a Japanese Dictionary
  4. Explore resources like the Internet / TV and such
  5. Commitment



Thank you for reading! 
























Comments