WHAT I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BEFORE GOING TO JAPAN!

It’s been a month since I landed. A lot of things happened and I don’t want to discuss the details.

Even though, there were some bad experiences, I still had time to apply for a job online... 

For those who aren’t aware, My profession is actually an IT engineer. I've been working under an IT Company for years now and I just resigned last year since I plan to stay in Japan. I had it all planned out. My living situation, how I'm going to live, etc. Everything was perfect. Lol (Not really perfect)



Take note, I have plan A, plan B, up to D! Haha

So now the JOB Search

Before I even decided to come here, I've been reading articles online about the situation for foreigners living in Japan. They always start with the English Teaching job. It's not a bad start... wait, it's actually a good start to make a living. But, not all are native English speakers, not all are BS degree graduates and such. So not all foreigners can get the chance to do that.

For those who wanted to know where to look, here are the top sites to look at:
1. Gaijinpot
2. JobsinJapan
3. Linkedn
4. Pinoylife (for Filipinos)
5. Daijob (Mostly Billingual Jobs)


So what would be the next step?

I thought about that. What if I didn't pass the interview? What if I didn't get the job? What if I suck at it? What are my other options?

I've been trying to search for IT jobs in Japan that doesn't require Japanese as a native language. So basically, I'm looking for a foreign Company that is located in Japan and it's really HARD!

It's kinda frustrating, because I really like my job as an IT Engineer. But, there are like only 1 out of 10 companies that allows people who aren't good with Japanese to apply. So, with that, I have many competitors. So it sucks.

And then, I've tried searching again, and as I look into it, there are a lot of job openings such as IT Helpdesk, IT Desktop, Service Desk etc.

The only problem is, you need to be fluent in Nihonggo as well as with English. Damn it. 

If only I knew the language, I would have applied to a lot of companies now... (That's what I am thinking right now. )

Why! Why Why!

.....


I grew up in the Philippines and my mom is there with us the whole time. And she is a Japanese National! You heard it right, She is Japanese!

So why didn't you learn Nihonggo??
Are you that lazy?
you don't have enough passion for your other half! 

Yeah I KNOW! It sucks! I already have the best teacher in the world and that's my Mom. And I didn't get the chance to ask her to teach me Nihonggo. Damn it. Haha


Enough.


So now that I am already in Japan, my Mom is with me, and my relatives here are helping me learn Nihonggo.

It's only been a month but I'm starting to read Hiragana now and I already know basic conversation in Nihonggo. So, I hope I learn fast and so I can take up the JPLT Exam.

Whew! So that's just how I feel right now. Thanks for reading!

Comments