HOW I GOT MY COE AND VISA FOR JAPAN

Hi Guys!

It's been awhile since I wrote a blog. I've been processing my documents so I can finally stay in Japan!

Wanting to settle in Japan is something that I've been dreaming of. Now, I'm turning it to reality.




Acquiring my VISA

We all know, getting a VISA is hard. But, as long as you have complete documents and supporting documents then I think everything will be fine.

My visa is Child of a Japanese National. My mom is Japanese but she is living here in Philippines as a Long-Term Resident.

At first, I thought it would be easy. But, it wasn't.

When I went to Japan about 3 months ago, I went to visit my Uncle in Niigata. I need to process my COE ( Certificate of Eligibility ), since I'll be registering my address there.

*** COE Requirements are available at the Immigration Website of Japan.

I had to get my Mom's Koseki Touhon and my Uncle's to prove that I am related to them by blood. I also need him to be my Guarantor as I'll be living with them.

We went to the Immigration Office in Niigata, near the Niigata Airport, and process everything there.
Make sure to bring your NSO Original Copy and translated document.

After submitting the documents it will take about 4-6 weeks to acquire the COE.

The thing is, it can be denied or approved. Just like the VISA.


4 weeks has passed and luckily I got approved. I received my COE and now I can request for a VISA.


There are a lot of agencies here in Philippines that can process that for you. I chose, Reli Tours and Travels.

The processing fee is about 2000.00 pesos. All you need to do is fill up the form, bring your COE and Passport.

Then after 3-5 business days, you'll get a notification if it's Approved or Denied.

And again, luckily, I got approved.
Thank God.



Getting Ready


Now that I have my VISA and COE approved, I need to get my Plane ticket.
The cheapest way to get to Japan is Jetstar Japan.

I got my plane ticket (one-way) for only, 7,000.00 pesos. That includes a check-in baggage 15 kg and my own preferred seat.

That is very cheap! If you ask me.

Okay, now that everything is settled, get ready to depart!





So the process to get a COE is based on what category you are getting. For me it was under Spouse/Child of a Japanese National. The requirements are listed on the Immigration Site, which is also the ff:

1. Proof of Family Registry (Koseki Touhon )
2. NSO (Proof that my Mom is my Mom)
3. Income / 2316 (if you were employed)
4. Guarrantor in Japan (Relative)
5. They need to go with you when you pass the requirements because they'll be signing some papers too.

Processing is 1-2 months

Getting the Visa is very easy as long as you have the COE.
Go to the nearest Agency and have them process.
1. Fill up the form
2. Passport
3. COE

And pay the required payment for VISA. If approved, you'll need to attend a CFO orientation.
CFO orientation is just discussing your rights and what you need to do when you live in Japan.
After attending that, you'll be getting your Stamp, and that STAMP is REQUIRED when you leave NAIA.
This will be checked by our IO.


Good luck!



Comments