NAIA IMMIGRATION EXPERIENCE! NAKAKALOKA!


Hi Everyone!

It's been awhile since the last time I posted!

Alright, so I am in Japan right now. And I've been worried about the immigration process, the visa and everything, because the last time I went to Japan was when I was still in High School... And I always depend on my Mom that time.

So, this is the very first time I'm travelling abroad, ALONE. Haha




Okay, my perks is that my Mom is a Japanese National that's why getting a visa is very easy. Even if I have a Philippine Passport, I got a child of a Japanese National Visa. Which is great!


Where should you apply a VISA? 

I would suggest, RELI TOURS as they process very fast and very CHEAP comparing to other travel agencies.

My friends who applied their Tourist Visa, they got their Visa's within 3 days after submitting all the requirements.


So, if you're applying for any VISAs, complete the requirements so you don't have to go back when you apply for it.

Check out their website to see the requirements needed.



Now, that I have my visa, I'm worried about the Immigration in NAIA, because I have friends who just went to Japan and they shared their stories about the IO in NAIA. So, I was worried.



Why am I worried?

Bago ang passport ko... inshort, wala akong stamps na nakalabas nako ng bansa.

So, I've searched a lot of blogs and stories about the IO in NAIA, and it was frightening.

So here's my tip, if you are a first timer like me, bring everything. I mean it. EVERYTHING.

The requirements you submitted to get a VISA, bring it! And, in addition, bring your company COE which proves that you have work in the Philippines and that you are not looking for a job abroad.

But, I think, this only applies to pure filipinos. --- not so sure about it.

Here's why I think that...

I arrived at the NAIA Terminal 1. I checked in my baggage and paid the travel tax (near counter 78) then went to Immigration, which is really scary for me because of what I heard or read.

Take note that I have a Philippine passport. I don't have a Japanese passport.



So, I fall in line along with OFWs and other Filipinos traveling abroad. I watched the people ahead of me and I can see that there's a lot of questions being asked and they are showing documents to the IO to prove that they can travel or the reason why they need to travel.

So far, no one has been on-hold... yet. But, I can see that it takes awhile to pass through.

Now, it's my turn. So, I'm very much prepared. I have all the documents that are needed to be presented just in case they asked questions.

As soon as I presented my passport and company ID (valid ID), he didn't ask me anything.
He just said, "Ah, Suzuki." then he stamped it.

I didn't even stay for a minute. I was just there smiling at him and he handed me back my passport and ID.

I was relieved. All this time, I was thinking, they might ask me a lot since my passport is NEW. But they didn't.

So, I went to the boarding gate of my airline.




Okay, now the Japan immigration.

I'm scared. LOL
I'm in line with the foreign passport since, I don't have a Japanese passport.

It's my turn to go to the IO booth, but the IO directed me somewhere else. I told him, I am a foreigner, but he insisted that I go to the Japanese Line.

He pointed my name on the passport and said, "Suzuki-san", then I responded |yes"| in Japanese.

Okay, good thing is that the IO can speak a little English and she didn't ask me anything. She just scanned my finger prints and took a picture, that's it.


That's when I realized, I passed.

Same goes with Customs. The officer speaks English and he was making conversation. I already noticed he is fishing. If there are any goods inside my baggage, but honestly, there's none. HAHA
And, I noticed, he just kept saying, Suzuki-san.

I guess, they only noticed my mother's last name on my Passport.



It's fun to travel alone. lol






Comments